News and Feature Writing
For a quick view of my news and feature writing portfolio, visit Bryan Lindenberger at Clippings.me.
For a mix of stories published in the Atlanta region for the University of West Georgia, visit Bryan Lindenberger at The City Menus.
University of West Georgia
News features, digital outreach, advancement mailings, content marketing, OmniUpdate and iModules Content Management Systems (CMS), accessibility, photography, Photoshop, and internal communications
- Your Recruiter is a Machine – content marketing article for computer science and career services also published in Spanish as “ATS empara Empleo“
- 10 Biology Careers That Might Surprise You – listicle for biology department; careers in biology are more diverse than you think!
- Feature student success story (biology research) re-purposed for other other initiatives: biology feature PDF with image
- Feature story (graduate school) re-purposed for other marketing media and newspaper: graduate success PDF
E-ONE Fire Apparatus
International press releases, web management and blog in WordPress, SEO, video and editing, images and Photoshop, 8-fold increase in social media interaction and reach, 24% increase in web sessions, and plenty of sales calls
- Press release for major delivery to Suncor, Canada: Suncor release PDF with image / E-ONE news page with images
- Rev Group Corporate Newsletter: Veterans Day story PDF with images
- International press release for major delivery to Vinnell, Saudi Arabia: Business Wire release: E-ONE and Vinnell featured at Yahoo Business / Vinnell PDF with image / E-ONE Vinnell Arabia sale at news page with video
- International press release for major delivery to Petroperu, a major energy company in Peru: Petroperu at E-ONE news page with images and Business Wire
Other News as Staff and Contractor
Columns for Real Estate Weekly, Las Cruces Business Journal, Western Nebraska Community College, Spaceport America, Freelance, Contract and Other
Free Spa Day for Cancer Survivors (PDF)
Western Nebraska Community College, Staff
Press release, photos, news blog, social media, event planning, and regional news coverage development contributing to an to an increase in program enrollment while national and regional trends were down. The success led to a second cosmetology event at WNCC (PDF) for veterans and regional news coverage while working closely with veterans affairs programs such as Veterans Upward Bound, and after-work voluntarism for a related nonprofit.
Roberto Estrada – Owner of Roberto’s Mexican Food
Freelance, Mesilla Valley Business Journal, Las Cruces / Real Estate Weekly, El Paso
From a weekly feature I wrote. News tabloids allowed me the opportunity to develop my own style of soft journalism and content marketing. This story with business owner Roberto Estrada has proven the most popular Online. It’s also a personal favorite.
Interview with Adrian Guzman, Senior Media Specialist, City of Las Cruces
Freelance / Contract for Mesilla Valley Business Journal
Interview with Las Cruces’ media production specialist and documentary filmmaker
A Church Reborn
Freelance, America Magazine
From story idea and choice of market to final editorial approval, as well as tracking down a priest and a state congressperson for interview, this is a highly exemplative of my overall approach and narrative style in feature writing and Public Relations. I also shot and tweaked the images, first cutting my teeth in Photoshop.
Gateway to the New Frontier – The Economic Impact of Spaceport America
Freelance / Contract for Las Cruces Moves and Real Estate Weekly
Public relations piece pending a bond vote to begin construction on the spaceport in New Mexico
Buddy Ritter – Owner of Double Eagle Restaurant
Freelance, Mesilla Valley Business Journal
Interview and feature article of the Mesilla Valley Legend, plus a ghost story
My Brother’s Place Interview with John Gutierrez
Freelance, Mesilla Valley Business Journal
Another favorite, it’s always the most fun to create content for a good person and a product I use. I always had a great time at My Brother’s Place, and enjoyed meeting the man behind it.
Nancy Bates, Owner of Gym Magic, Las Cruces, New Mexico
Mesilla Valley Business Journal, Contract Writer
An in-depth interview with the local legend