Is work engaging?
Is it productive and are you, your team, and your institution achieving all that can be achieved given your talent resources?
For a quick view of my portfolio, visit me at Clippings.me.
For a mix of stories published recently in the Atlanta area, visit The City Menus.
Over 15 years content creation and communications through cost-effective integration of digital messaging channels and external media relations for education, corporation, and nonprofit.
Managing Editor, Communications Specialist
September 2017 – Present
• Enhance public perception and exposure of university by working with colleges to write compelling features and press releases used for web, newspapers, newsletters, and paid multimedia campaigns
• Expand community and donor reach by managing monthly publications distributed as automated digital newsletter and quarterly in print as editor, contributing writer, and technical developer
• Increase media pickups for my college by writing about complex, scientific topics in a manner not only understandable to wide audiences, but of interest to them
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
May 2016 – May 2017
• Expand brand awareness in support of international and domestic dealerships through strategic, low-cost digital and social media campaign management, media contact development, and writing stories for trade magazine and international news outlets including BusinessWire and Yahoo News
• Increase social media exposure tenfold within three months resulting in 23-25% gain in web sessions
• Manage corporate store and e-store including ordering, inventory, and sales
Digital Communications Manager
March 2014 – January 2016
• Generate large gains in digital exposure through an engaging, communications approach while reducing associated advertising costs by approximately 90%
• Increase enrollment by means of targeted, on-brand campaign development including web and social media communications strategy, media invitations, and vendor selection and contract negotiation
Project Director, Outreach and Grant Management
August 2008 – September 2013
• Expand National Science Foundation program partnerships from one campus to multiple, cross-state, regional college and high school campuses
• Generate revenue while promoting causes through grant research and writing, reports for state legislators, feasibility studies, and developing public and events
• Plan with industry leaders such Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Galactic) and Peyton Yates (Yates Petroleum Corporation) for community outreach and economic impact assessment
Consulting, Freelance, and Contract
January 2001 – Ongoing
• Generate new funding streams and partnerships through grant writing and reports including analysis of complex qualitative and quantitative data
• greater exposure for clients, ranging from digital marketing and communications develpment to newspaper articles
• Clients include Disney TV, Flying Aggies/NASA, Trauma Center Association of America, Art Schobey and Associates, Integrity Auto, Community Action Agency of Southern New Mexico and many others