Is work engaging?
Is it productive and are you, your team, and your institution achieving all that can be achieved given your talent resources?
For a quick view of my portfolio, visit me at Clippings.me.
For a mix of stories published recently in the Atlanta area, visit The City Menus.
Over 15 years of successful communication strategy and content creation. Cost-effective integration of digital messaging channels, external media relations, and project management for education, corporate, and nonprofit.
September 2017 – Present
• Enhance public perception and exposure of university by working with colleges to write compelling feature stories for web, newspapers, newsletters, and paid multimedia campaigns
• Expand community and donor reach by editing, building, and contributing to publications distributed monthly as automated digital newsletter and quarterly in print newsletter
• Increase media pickups by writing about complex, scientific topics in a manner engaging to various audiences while developing greater emphasis on content and inbound digital marketing
May 2016 – May 2017
• Expand brand awareness of international and domestic dealerships through strategic through website management, social media management, and content development
• Increase social media exposure tenfold within three months with 23-25% gain in web sessions through expansion of content marketing
• Manage corporate store and e-store including ordering, inventory, and sales
March 2014 – January 2016
• Generate large gains in digital exposure through an engaging, communications approach while reducing associated advertising costs by approximately 90%
• Increase enrollment by means of targeted, on-brand campaign development including web and social media communications strategy, media invitations, and vendor selection and contract negotiation
August 2008 – September 2013
• Expand National Science Foundation program partnerships from one campus to multiple, cross-state, regional college and high school campuses
• Generate revenue while promoting causes through grant research and writing, reports for state legislators, feasibility studies, and developing public and events
• Plan with industry leaders such Sir Richard Branson (Virgin Galactic) and Peyton Yates (Yates Petroleum Corporation) for community outreach and economic impact assessment
January 2001 – Ongoing
• Generate new funding streams and partnerships through grant writing and reports including analysis of complex qualitative and quantitative data
• Increase exposure for clients, ranging from digital marketing and communications development to newspaper articles
• Clients include Disney TV, Flying Aggies/NASA, Trauma Center Association of America, Art Schobey and Associates, Integrity Auto, Community Action Agency of Southern New Mexico and many others